Right Time, Right Place, Wright City
Wright City Zoning Department
It is the responsibility of the zoning officer to make sure the City of Wright City Codes are followed in regards to all areas other than those of the Police Department, such as grass and weeds, trash, junk, parking of boat and trailer, campers, and utility trailers.
Public Hearing Notice
The City of Wright City Planning & Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing on Monday, November 18, 2019, at 6:00 PM in City Hall, 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City, Missouri, and Wright City Board of Aldermen will hold a Public Hearing on Thursday, December 12, 2019 at 6:30pm to amend the Municipal Code of the City of Wright City, Missouri by adding Section 425.130 “SR-4” Single Family Residential Districts, amending Section 425.150 “MR-1” Two-Family Residential Districts and amending Section “MR-2” Multiple-Family Residential Districts. View a copy of the proposed new section and amendments below:
The City of Wright City offers all interested citizens the opportunity to give written and/or oral comment on public matters. Handicapped citizens needing assistance or auxiliary aids should contact the City sufficiently in advance to assume that accommodations may be made. Request for assistance/aids may be made by contacting the City in writing at the City Hall, 636 Westwoods Road, PO Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390 or phone 636-745-3101.
Wright City Building Department
The Building Department is here to provide quality service to all customers in regards to inspections and plan review for our customers while maintaining our goal to protect the health, safety, and welfare of our city residents. The City is under the 2015 IBC and IRC building codes as well related codes; if you have other questions please contact the building department. All apartments and single-family housing units must obtain an inspection and occupancy permit prior to taking up residency.
To schedule an inspection, call Robert Barclay Enterprises at 636-262-8317 at least twenty-four (24) hours in advance of requested time, between 9am-5pm Monday – Friday.
Building Permit Application Requirements
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Submit the following:
- Two (2) complete set of wet seal plans
- Plot plan showing structure, front building line, side lines and rear lot line along with all easements
- Master Plans Review
- 1st time residential Plan submittal, once approved;
- Permit Application with plan name or number
- Plot Plan
- Two (2) complete sets of plans with wet seal, containing the following detailed pages, including a cover sheet stating use, occupant load, type of construction, height and area; Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, and Sprinkler system.
- Determination of Planning and Zoning Regulations
- Determination of Flood Area
- Applicant certifies information is correct and in compliance with the City of Wright City.
- Failure to comply with City Building Codes will result in a Stop Work Order till such time a solution is reached
- Developer/Contractor is responsible to check with other agencies to acquire any permits needed from them such as DNR, FEMA.
Note: Builder will need a permit from Fire Department for major construction also.