Right Time, Right Place, Wright City
Wright City Utilities – Water, Sewer, Trash
The Wright City Utility Department handles the delivery of water, sewer and trash service to the residents of Wright City. Business hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Payments can be made at City Hall during business hours at the 24-hour drop box, located directly across from the Police Department or online using your credit card at Courtmoney.com.
In order to set up, disconnect, or change service to an address, please see the forms provided on this site. Any person renting is required to place a $100.00 deposit in order to set up services. Information is provided to new residents with important local listings and phone numbers.
The Public Works Department consists of 4 employees who are responsible for maintaining streets, to include snow plowing, asphalt and concrete maintenance, street sign installation and repair. They maintain the sewer treatment plant, install new lines, maintain existing lines to include cleaning, backup and pump station maintenance. Testing and reporting for wastewater to Department of Natural Resources. They install new water lines, maintain existing lines, fire hydrants, and maintenance of 3 wells and towers. Testing and reporting for water quality to Department of Natural Resources. There are numerous other tasks that are tended to on an as-needed basis.
Someone from the Public Works Department can be reached by calling City Hall at 636-745-3101, if you have an emergency outside of working hours you can call 911 or the 911 non-emergency at 800-237-9020.
If your sewer is backing up, please contact the City BEFORE you contact a plumber. If it is after hours you will need to call Central Dispatch @ 1-800-237-9020.
The City’s new trash contract will be effective beginning March 1st, 2011. Wilson Waste Systems will continue to be the City’s trash contractor. The new changes will be to have only one (1) trash collection and one (1) recycling pickup with a 64-gallon recycling container supplied to every resident (cost of a container included in monthly rate). If you wish to have a trash tote the cost is $3.00 per month.
Trash Pickup Schedule
Thursday – North of I-70
Friday – South of I-70
Wednesday – Recycling Pickup
Recycle Material Listing (text)
If you have any questions, please contact City Hall at 636-745-3101.
Building Permit Application Requirements
- Completed Building Permit Application
- Submit the following:
- Two (2) complete set of wet seal plans
- Plot plan showing structure, front building line, side lines and rear lot line along with all easements
- Master Plans Review
- 1st time residential Plan submittal, once approved;
- Permit Application with plan name or number
- Plot Plan
- Two (2) complete sets of plans with wet seal, containing the following detailed pages, including a cover sheet stating use, occupant load, type of construction, height and area; Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical, and Sprinkler system
- Determination of Planning and Zoning Regulations
- Determination of Flood Area
- Applicant certifies information is correct and in compliance with the City of Wright City
- Failure to comply with City Building Codes will result in a Stop Work Order till such time a solution is reached
- Developer/Contractor is responsible to check with other agencies to acquire any permits needed from them such as DNR, FEMA
Note: Builder will need a permit from Fire Department for major construction also.