Right Time, Right Place, Wright City
Wright City Municipal Division Court
The Wright City Municipal Court is a division of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court of the State of Missouri. The Municipal Division adjudicates traffic and other city ordinance violations issued by the Wright City Police Department and code enforcement officers. The mission of the Court is to give citizens an opportunity to have their matters heard in a courteous, efficient and timely manner and to assure a fair and impartial disposition of each case.
The Court’s office is located in the Wright City City Hall, 636 Westwoods Road.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed from 12:30pm to 1:30pm).
Court is held twice monthly generally on the second and fourth Wednesday beginning at 6 p.m. Court sessions are held at the City Hall.
General Court Information
For information about court dates, traffic tickets or other court matters, persons should contact the court office at 636-745-1025. Please note: all calls should be directed to the court during regular business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (office closed from 12:30pm to 1:30pm). Staff cannot be reached on court nights by telephone.
The fax number is 636-745-3119. The mailing address is PO Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390.
Persons who receive a ticket or summons for an ordinance violation in the city of Wright City may:
- Pay the fine by mail prior to the designated court date if the offense does not require a court appearance (see list below for those offenses that require a court appearance). Mail payment to PO Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390.
- Pay the fine in person anytime during regular business hours at the Wright City City Hall prior to your designated court date if the offense does not require a court appearance.
- Contest the ticket in court at 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City, on the date indicated at the top of the ticket. Court begins at 6 p.m.
- Make the check or money order payable to the City of Wright City. DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt for the payment.
- A court appearance is required on any violation that resulted from an automobile accident.
- The following violations require a court appearance either in accordance with state law or by the order of the Wright City municipal judge:
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Driving While Revoked/Suspended
- Driving without a valid operator’s license
- Speeding 21 miles per hour or more over the speed limit
- Offenses involving animal neglect, animal at large, animal abuse
- Stealing, assault, property damage, drug or alcohol possession, weapons offenses, peace disturbance, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, child endangerment, etc.
Failure to appear on the court date or pay the fine before the court date may result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest.
Effective May 1, 2019, the Wright City Municipal Division began participating in the state-wide court automation system, Show-Me Courts. All citations filed with the Division on this date and thereafter will appear on the state-wide online court data base known as Case.net – www.courts.mo.gov/casenet.
Also, a $7.00 court automation fee will be assessed on all citations filed in the Show-Me Courts system; total court costs on these citations will be $34.50.
Information on all citations filed previously to May 1 can continue to be found on the online court records database found elsewhere on this page.
The Honorable Andrew Garnett
All correspondence for court personnel should be directed to:
PO Box 436
Wright City, MO 63390
Court Dates for 2019
Court begins at 6 p.m.
Location: 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City, MO
ALL DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE JUDGE
The fines/costs for violations are set in the Wright City Municipal Division Court Fine Schedule are established by the Wright City municipal judge and may be paid by mail or in person (unless a court appearance is required), but must be received no later than the court date indicated on the ticket.
Court costs of $27.50 are assessed on each ticket at the time the ticket is filed with the Court. Court costs must be paid regardless of whether you appear in court.
The court accepts cash, checks and money orders. It also accepts Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express, however, the company that provides this service assesses a four percent fee. Credit and debit card payments may be made online, in person or by phone. Please do not send cash in the mail. Checks and money orders should be made payable to City of Wright City. Please sign the back of the ticket and include it with the payment.
Payments made in person will be accepted between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. weekdays (office is closed between 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.)
Mail payments to:
Wright City Municipal Division
PO Box 436
Wright City, MO 63390