Right Time, Right Place, Wright City
Due to COVID-19, court hearings scheduled for April, May, June and July have been cancelled.
For the health and safety of the public and city staff, the city hall that houses municipal court offices is closed to the public effective March 30, 2020.
Rescheduled court dates for continued cases have been mailed to defendants at the address on file with the Court. Notice of any further continuances will also be mailed. Individuals who have a pending case are required to keep their mailing address updated with the Court. To update a mailing address, persons should call the court office at 636-745-1025.
Persons may also check Case.net for upcoming court dates.
Access Court staff through:
- Telephone – 636-745-1025
- Email – email@example.com
- Mail – P.O. Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390
- City drop box – located at front of City Hall, 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City
Wright City Municipal Division Court
The Wright City Municipal Court is a division of the Twelfth Judicial Circuit Court of the State of Missouri. The Municipal Division adjudicates traffic and other city ordinance violations issued by the Wright City Police Department and code enforcement officers. The mission of the Court is to give citizens an opportunity to have their matters heard in a courteous, efficient and timely manner and to assure a fair and impartial disposition of each case.
The Court’s office is located in the Wright City City Hall, 636 Westwoods Road.
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed from 12:30pm to 1:30pm).
Court is held twice monthly generally on the second and fourth Wednesday beginning at 6 p.m. Court sessions are held at the City Hall.
General Court Information
For information about court dates, traffic tickets or other court matters, persons should contact the court office at 636-745-1025. Please note: all calls should be directed to the court during regular business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday (office closed from 12:30pm to 1:30pm). Staff cannot be reached on court nights by telephone.
The fax number is 636-745-3119. The mailing address is PO Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390.
Persons who receive a ticket or summons for an ordinance violation in the city of Wright City may:
- Pay the fine by mail prior to the designated court date if the offense does not require a court appearance (see list below for those offenses that require a court appearance). Mail payment to PO Box 436, Wright City, MO 63390.
- Pay the fine in person anytime during regular business hours at the Wright City City Hall prior to your designated court date if the offense does not require a court appearance.
- Contest the ticket in court at 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City, on the date indicated at the top of the ticket. Court begins at 6 p.m.
- Make the check or money order payable to the Wright City Municipal Division.
- Enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope if you wish to receive a receipt for the payment.
- A court appearance is required on any violation that resulted from an automobile accident.
- The following violations require a court appearance either in accordance with state law or by the order of the Wright City municipal judge:
- Driving While Intoxicated
- Driving While Revoked/Suspended
- Driving without a valid operator’s license
- Speeding 26 miles per hour or more over the speed limit
- Offenses involving animal neglect, animal abuse
- Stealing, assault, property damage, drug or alcohol possession, weapons offenses, peace disturbance, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, child endangerment, etc.
Failure to appear on the court date or pay the fine before the court date may result in the issuance of a warrant for your arrest.
Effective May 1, 2019, the Wright City Municipal Division began participating in the state-wide court automation system, Show-Me Courts. All citations filed with the Division on this date and thereafter will appear on the state-wide online court data base known as Case.net – www.courts.mo.gov/casenet.
Also, a $7.00 court automation fee will be assessed on all citations filed in the Show-Me Courts system; total court costs on these citations will be $34.50.
Information on all citations filed previously to May 1 can continue to be found on the online court records database found elsewhere on this page.
The Honorable Andrew Garnett
All correspondence for court personnel should be directed to:
PO Box 436
Wright City, MO 63390
Court Dates for 2020
Court begins at 6 p.m.
Location: 636 Westwoods Road, Wright City, MO
APRIL 8 – CANCELLED
APRIL 22 – CANCELLED
MAY 13 – CANCELLED
MAY 27 – CANCELLED
JUNE 10 – CANCELLED
JUNE 24 – CANCELLED
JULY 8- CANCELLED
JULY 14 (TUESDAY)- CANCELLED
JULY 22- CANCELLED
AUGUST 5- CANCELLED
NOVEMBER 10 (TUESDAY)
NOVEMBER 24 (TUESDAY)
DECEMBER 22 (TUESDAY)
ALL COURT DATES ARE ON WEDNESDAY UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED AND ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE JUDGE
The fines for violations listed in the Wright City Municipal Division Fine Schedule are established by the Wright City municipal judge and may be paid by mail or in person at the court office prior to the court date listed on the citation.
Court costs of $34.50 are assessed on each citation at the time the citation is filed with the Court by the prosecuting attorney. Court costs must be paid regardless of whether a defendant appears in Court.
The Court accepts cash, checks and money orders. Please do not send cash in the mail. Checks and money orders should be made payable to the Wright City Municipal Division. Defendants should sign the back of the citation they were given and return it with the payment.
Payments should be mailed to:
Wright City Municipal Division
P.O. Box 436
Wright City, MO 63390
The Court also accepts debit and credit card payments. Payments can be made on the Missouri Courts website: www.courts.mo.gov/casenet. Simply enter the defendant’s name or the citation number. When the correct case is accessed, persons can click on the Plead and Pay icon to make an online payment through Case.Net.
Persons can also pay online at this website. Simply click on the pay online tab. There is a 4 percent fee charged for using a debit or credit card.